- Weekly Classes
- What to Expect at a Class
- Sunday Meditation for Kids Abbotsford
- Monday Meditation in Langley
- Monday Meditation in Mission
- Tuesday Meditation in Abbotsford
- Wednesday Meditation in Kamloops
- Wednesday Meditation in Salmon Arm
- Transform Thursdays Meditation Abbotsford
- Thursday Meditation in Maple Ridge
- Thursday Meditation in South Surrey and White Rock
- Thursday Meditation in Chilliwack
- Thursday Meditation in Kelowna
- Friday Meditation in Vernon
- Courses & Events
- Public Service
- Contact Us
Meditation for Everyone
Dorjechang Kadampa Buddhist Centre offers drop-in practical meditation classes in Abbotsford, Langley, Mission, South Surrey, Chilliwack, Maple Ridge, Vernon, Kelowna, Salmon Arm, and Kamloops! These classes are everyone, are super practical, help everyone become happier and more well-balanced, to let go of anger depression and stress and discover an inexhaustible source of happiness and goodness in our own hearts! Classes vary in time (evening classes usually are scheduled for 7pm to 8:30pm, but please check the specific class page for details). Meditation is for everyone, please drop in and find out for yourself! Click to watch short videos of some meditation classes.
NOTICE we have temporarily discontinued prayers for world peace and Kids meditation on Sundays. These will resume in February.
Also the Thursday classes at Dorjechang Centre with Laurel Konrad (Transforming Thursdays) have been cancelled.
Special events are coming up … courses on mindfulness, also a refuge course, a holiday party, an Edenvale retreat between Christmas and New Years, 24 hour Tara practice over New Year’s, not to mention the January Western Canadian Dharma Celebration in mid January with our General Spiritual Director Gen-la Dekyong! So much to look forward to!
“The purpose of meditation is to make the mind calm and peaceful. When the turbulence of distracting thoughts subsides and the mind becomes still, a deep happiness and contentment arises naturally from within.” – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso